Product Code : KI-TC
Brand Name : Kashyap Industries
Toluene Chemical historically famed as toluol Chemical, is an apparent, water-insoluble liquid with the regular smell of paint removers. It is a mono-substituted benzine assistant, i.e., one in which a single hydrogen iota from an assemblage of six corpuscles from the benzene material has been replaced by a univalent assembly, for this state CH3. In regard to this capacity, its IUPAC methodical label is methylbenzene. This sweet-smelling hydrocarbon generally used as a contemporary feedstock as well as a dissolvable. Similar to various solvents, toluene is additionally used as an inhalant medicament for its intoxicating properties. Toluene Chemical is suitable for dissolving different outstanding inorganic chemicals such as sulfur, bromine, phosphorus, iodine, and some other non-polar covalent matters.
Breathing in toluene can potentially bring severe neurological trauma.
- Used as the solvent, which is present in nail polish remover, paint thinners, glues, and correction liquid.
- Widely utilized as the industrial raw material as well as a solvent.
- Act as the precursor to benzene through hydrodealkylation:
- React as the modal aromatic hydrocarbon in electrophilic redolent permutation.
C7H8 or C6H5CH3
0.8669 g/mL (20 °C)
Solubility in water
0.47 g/l (20-25°C)
Refractive index (nD)
1.497 (20 °C)
0.590 cP (20 °C)
- Toluene is a common solvent, which is able to dissolve paints, used as a paint thinner, silicone sealant, and in many chemical reactants. It stands as a disinfecting agent of rubber, adhesives (glues), printing ink, leather tanners, and lacquers . It also stands as a fullerene indicator, and acts as a raw material for TNT and Toluene diisocyanate (used in the manufacture of polyurethane foam)
- Additionally, it is used as a solvent for creating the solution of carbon nanotubes. Moreover, as a cement, it is useful for fine polystyrene kits (by dissolving and then fusing surfaces) as it can be applied absolutely by brush and does not contain any of the adhesive's bulk.
- The industrial uses of toluene are dealkylation to benzene, disproportion to a mixture of benzene and xylene in the BTX process. When it is oxidized, it turns out into Benzoic and Benzaldehyde acids, which are considered as the two important mediocre s in chemistry.
- For the making of mufti-wall carbon nano tubes, it is a carbon source . Toluene is also useful in breaking open red blood cells so as to extract haemoglobin in biochemistry experiments.
- 185 kg Drum OR 215 lit Drum